Friday, July 12, 2013

Week 15: Glass Recycling in Your Area


As I drive to work I have begun noticing a place to recycle glass. Before the start of the WV Glass & Ceramics class I wondered why here and why now. Adams Trucking is a business that deals with concrete, aggregates, decorative concrete, and many other products.
Questions
  1. Why recycle?
  2. What country recycles the most?
  3. What state recycles the most?
  4. What does your town/community recycle?
  5. How can you get the community to recycle if it doesn't already or improve the process? 

4 comments:

  1. We are happy to be able to start recycling glass now. Since so many products are in plastic jars, we don't dispose of much glass but it will be nice to have a place for the glass we do use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I just posted how Marble King uses 90%-95% recycled glass to make it's marbles and wondered to myself (as my students will) where can I recycle my glass! This is a great real-world connection to the glass making process for our local students! Perhaps a school wide campaign working with Adams Trucking will start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timely post with the trend towards being ecofriendly. I think that one of the great benefits of glass is its ability to be recycled over and over without losing its integrity like plastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to the point assignment, that raises students awareness about recycling.

    ReplyDelete