Saturday, July 20, 2013

Week 16 Day 6:Pittsburgh Glass Center

On our final day we visited the Pittsburgh Glass Center, which dealt with artistic pieces rather than stock. We were once able to blow glass again, but this time making a Christmas ornament. All of us were able to choose the design and color that we wanted for our ornament, which was awesome. One thing that caught my eye is the way the glassblowers trap that air within the blowpipe and molten glass expands. Why do you think this happens?

3 comments:

  1. I was fascinated with the realistic glass art at the Pittsburgh Glass Center. I especially liked the microbes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video. As a physics teacher, I can really appreciate the applications demonstrated by your efforts. Thanks! Students will be amazed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the video! Something I can reference in class.

    ReplyDelete